Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 3


It’s still early days (Day 3) , but without Facebook / Twitter etc, I find that I’m a little bit happier and have more time on my hands, but I’m definitely not bored. I feel more ‘here’. I’m not racing off to Facebook to get angry at someone and judge their idiocy (or another stupid ALS Water torture challenge)

When Andy and I got home from work last night, we grabbed a beer and walked around the garden looking at the new flowers that had come out and what plants were popping up. It was slow, it was beautiful, and it was just what I was looking for. A spaciousness to the end of the day.

Today and for the next few days, I’m living in the phrase “I don’t know”. This is not to say I’m going to act like a complete thicko, but to allow a sense of openness and questioning to the day and whatever situation I’m in. Usually I know what outcome I want and when I don’t get it I can stamp my foot like a spoilt 4 year old girl and throw an inner tantrum. However I’m going to try and  be open and so I can allow some more creative inspiration to come through and provide different solutions and ideas that my feeble brain could never come up with. As soon as I say ‘I know what it is”, I shut down any line of mystical creative input that could show me there is another way of doing something.
There is so much more to our lives than what were lead to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment